Ryan STA Tires

jesseeasudes

Hello all,

I am in search of what tires were originally installed on the Ryan ST-A coming from the factory, both the mains as well as the tailwheel. (size, style, manufacturor)

Additionally, I am interested to hear what people have been using instead, what fits and works well. Also, where can you find them? Is there a good supplier or a secret stash someone would be willing to share?

Thanks for the help!

Jesse

Hi Jesse,

They were 3 inch tyres, which are impossible to obtain nowadays. A suitable compromise is to fit adaptor rings to the original wheels and then fit 8.00 x 4 Cub tyres, available from Desser tyre & rubber. The adaptor rings need to be hand-made; they are not an off-the-shelf item.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for that lead. I followed up and found that they even offer a modified 8.00 x 4 cub tyre which they remove the tread from and apply a smooth surface.

http://www.desser.com/smooth.php

This sounds great but their site seems to only have a small low resolution image of the tyre. Does anyone here have, or know someone who has, experience with this tyre? If so, a better photo would be greatly appreciated, as well as any feedback.

If all looks good I plan to purchase a set along with tubes. If others are interested, perhaps we could put together a larger order for savings.

Thanks,

Jesse

Archived