Prop bolts

N441V

I am in need of eight 41B2329-9 bolts for the short Air Corps hub on the PT-22?  These are special high strength bolts with rolled threads.  I believe that someone had these bolts manufactured a while back.  Does anyone remember who had them made or have a set of serviceable bolts for sale?  Anyone else in need of these bolts and would you be interested in sharing the cost of a new run?

Regards,

Ron Ruble

407-496-8591

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the reason for my confusion as to the prop bolt lengths.  There are two Propeller hubs for the Sensenich Propeller, the earlier "Kinner" small hub and the later, larger GFE hub.  The Propeller using the earlier hub is approximately 4 inches thick at the hub and the larger hub is approximately 5 1/2 inches thick.  That is the reason for the longer bolts.  The later GFE hub is also used on the Stearman.  The Stearman installation uses longer bolts.  The GFE hub requires special nuts along with the special bolts. The thinner Propeller will not fit on the later GFE hub.  I have the earlier "Kinner" hub assembly and Sensenich wooden spinner Propeller on my Ryan.   I am looking for a drawing of the early hub assembly so that I can determine the correct bolt, washer and nut assembly to use with the "Kinner" hub.  Does anyone have the drawing or any suggestions as to where I might source this information other than the San Diego Museum?

Thanks, Ron

Archived