Intros

Skycop21

B) Hello to all. My name is Kevin Edling and I live in Parker, CO. I joined the club just a few months prior to Bill's passing. I am a flight instructor here in Colorado, and when I'm not flying :angry: ; then I work as a sergeant for the Denver Police Department.

My Father was with Eastern Airlines for 23 years, where he served as a capatin when they went flush. He now works as a glider instructor in Nevada. I recently obtained my Ryan Pt-22 :) about six months ago. It is in a few thousand pieces and will begin her restoration once my new hangar is finished in August this year.

I have been serving in the Colorado Air National Guard for the past 13 years, and just recently got released from the longest activation in CO Guard history. :blink: .

My plan is to have my Ryan completely restored in time for Oshkosh 2010. :P

Best Wishes to all,

Kevin

Hello, my name is Paul Bretanus (NRC 908). My wife Sherry and I are the current caretakers of Ryan PT-22 N56026, S/N 1562 with a Kinner R56 and Fahlin prop. We are in Deer Park, Tx. (just east of Houston). It has been converted to Cleveland brakes but I do have the original Shinns. I also have the Eclipse hand-crank starter but it is not installed. I think this website is a GREAT idea!!

Hi all

My name is Paul; I?m the proud owner :D 50% that is with John McMains. Our PT-22 Ryan N22JK, sn1697 mil sn 41-15668 is undergoing restoration at the Watsonville airport. Watsonville California. I?ll post some pictures and report back as we make progress this summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy fellow Ryaneers.

I am Bill Hughes.My wife Paula and I are current caregivers to Ryan PT 22 N 53146. We bought his plane in 1988 in Brookshire, Texas. It is the plane John Gotcheff (sp?) built about 1969 and took lessons in. This plane is on the August 1970 cover of Sport Aviation in Navy colors. It has since been returned to Army colors. We keep the plane on our private strip (TE 14) about forty miles south of Fort Worth, Texas.

As you might expect there was a long, serious discussion between Paula and me before N 53146 came to live with us. She had been riding in Norm Justice's PT 22 and announced to me that we had to have one. We already had caretaker responsibilities to a C 172 and I didn't really want to add addition time and expense but , as usual, she won. I really glad she did now.

• 4 months later...

Hey Y'all,

I'm seventeen years old, with private glider and airplane ratings, having just received my airplane rating on August 31st. I reside in upstate New York, and fly out of Costa's airfield, officially known as the Corning-Painted Post Airport (7N1). I currently rent a Cessna 152, but my dream is to someday own a Ryan ST. The fact that my name is Ryan is purely a coincidence, my parents are not pilots, and knew nothing about the Ryan Aeronautical Company or my eventual love for flying. They were looking for a birthday present for my 8th birthday at the bookstore, and came across the book The New Ryan by Ev Cassagneres. As an 8 year old, I was more enamored with P-51s and F-15s, but a few years ago I got that book down from the shelf and fell in love with the ST. After I finish my homework, I usually fire up Microsoft Flight Simulator to make a flight in the ST-A by Bill Lyons to get my flying fix for the day!

Happy Flying,

Ryan Smith

Archived