Request

danmooney

When I purchased my PT the only parts that did not come with the plane were the attach wire fitting covers that go on the top and bottom of the wings (outboard only). I understand these are hard to find and I have had no luck also. Would there be anyone that has a set that would loan them to me to make molds off of so I can make a set out of fiberglass? They do not have to be perfect.

Thank You

Dan

When I purchased my PT the only parts that did not come with the plane were the attach wire fitting covers that go on the top and bottom of the wings (outboard only). I understand these are hard to find and I have had no luck also. Would there be anyone that has a set that would loan them to me to make molds off of so I can make a set out of fiberglass? They do not have to be perfect.

Thank You

Dan

Dan,

I am probably a year from flying again, so you can borrow mine for patterns. However, I'm betting there are some sheet metal guys out there that can fabricate from aluminum vs. fibreglass. I know there's an AAL guy north of here that offered to make anything needed. Will see if I can find his name and track him down, if you're interested.

Otherwise, have you checked with Norm Justice to see what he might have "in stock"?

Best Regards,

Bob Roth

Thank You

Dan

Dan,

I am probably a year from flying again, so you can borrow mine for patterns. However, I'm betting there are some sheet metal guys out there that can fabricate from aluminum vs. fibreglass. I know there's an AAL guy north of here that offered to make anything needed. Will see if I can find his name and track him down, if you're interested.

Otherwise, have you checked with Norm Justice to see what he might have "in stock"?

Best Regards,

Bob Roth

Hello Bob

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Yes I have tried Norm and as he said he doesn't have any and these are really getting hard to find. If your offer still stands I will take you up on it. I would love to find someone that could make them out of aluminum but I am sure the volume and labor would make them very expensive. I have considerable experiance in composites and will make sure yours are protected and returned the same. My address is

Dan Mooney

40570 N 3988 Rd

Collinsville,Ok 74021

918-814-5113

If you send them please let me know the cost, I want to reimburse you. If there is anything I can do to return the favor please let me know.

Thank You

Dan

Thank You

Dan

Dan,

Best Regards,

Bob Roth

Hello Bob

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Yes I have tried Norm and as he said he doesn't have any and these are really getting hard to find. If your offer still stands I will take you up on it. I would love to find someone that could make them out of aluminum but I am sure the volume and labor would make them very expensive. I have considerable experiance in composites and will make sure yours are protected and returned the same. My address is

Dan Mooney

40570 N 3988 Rd

Collinsville,Ok 74021

918-814-5113

If you send them please let me know the cost, I want to reimburse you. If there is anything I can do to return the favor please let me know.

Thank You

Dan

Hi Dan,

No problem. I should be home within the next few days, so will ship the fairings to you then. Good Luck!

Best Regards,

Bob

Archived