RIGGING MAIN GEAR

danmooney

I just installed my stub wings and main gear and found that my rigging manual doesn't have anything on rigging the main gear. Would someone please send me the steps to set up the gear legs.

Thanks For Any help.

Dan

The manual should give you the length of the center wires which sets the langing gear in the proper position. Check your maintenance manual and or rigging manual, I know the info is covered. I will check my manuals tonight and post if you can not find.

Chris Nehus

cnehus@verizon.net

818-825-4252

I just installed my stub wings and main gear and found that my rigging manual doesn't have anything on rigging the main gear. Would someone please send me the steps to set up the gear legs.

Thanks For Any help.

Dan

The center wires (Counter Wires) Nominal length should be set to 34 3/8" PCL (pin center line). Lift wires 73 1/2" PCL (front) and 77" PCL (Rear). Landing wires 93 1/2" PCL (Front), 104 1/4" PCL (Rear). Wing Dihedral angle 4 deg. 30 mins., Incidence angle 3 deg.

When the aircraft is leveled, check and adjust as necessary, to insure that the landing gear legs are vertical and not canted in or out. This is controlled by the counter wires that run from the anchor on the centerline of the fuselage bottom to the bottom inside of the vertical gear. The knuckle arm that attaches to the vertical legs and in turn carries the wheel axle must not be toed in. The gear must be straight to 1/2 degree toe out.

I hope this helps. Remember until the outter wings are installed you must brace the landing gear with a bar between the gear legs to keep them from folding in.

Archived