Need help sourcing Ev Cassagneres STA Drawings

jymster

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me? I am a radio control flying scale aircraft modeller from Sydney, Australia. I am currently working on my own set of plans for a 1/4 scale Ryan STA, using Ev Cassagneres drawings as the basis for my design. A couple of years ago I managed to get some scanned copies of some of Ev Cassagneres STA drawings. After speaking with Ev and receiving permission from him, and paying him a small commission fee, I got some scans from another modeller in the US, who got original printed copies from Ev some time before. I have 15 drawings in total, which are of the main assemblies and parts that might be applicable to a scale modeller. However, I am missing some important drawings, which I am finding very difficult to source, now that Ev has passed on. I have tried to contact his son, Bryan, but have not had any luck with this so far. Does anyone here know if the drawings are still available somewhere? Or alternatively, maybe someone here from the Ryan Club may be able to help me with what I need? Below is a list of the drawings that I need. I am hoping someone can help me to find them, or let me know of someone who may help? Any help would be very much appreciated.

DWG # Description

5-123 Bulkheads #2 & #3
5-110 Fin and Rudder Assembly (I already have this, but my copy is all distorted from the original copying process)
0-129 Inner Cowl
?-??? Cowl assembly? (I’m not sure if any drawings exist for the cowl, nose bowl, etc. but these would be great to have)
5-102(+?) Flying & Landing Wire Connection Brackets for wing
?-??? Wheel fairings, landing gear fairings? Plus drawings for any other formed alloy parts, would be invaluable.

I think these are the correct drawings numbers, from what I can deduce from the drawings I do have.

If you can help, or know of anyone who may be able to help, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

James Price.

The NSW Scale Aircraft Society Inc.
http://www.nswsas.com.au

Archived