Bulkheads - PT22

Ian Mills

I am looking for photos, drawings, dimensions, basically anything regarding number 2 and 3 bulkheads for my project building a scaled replica. I am working from Ev Cassagneres' drawings for the STA but would prefer to utilise the later bulkhead design.

Regards, Ian Mills

Thanks, I tried the National Air and Space Museum, who then put me onto the National Archives and Record Administration. They do hold the two drawings in question, F-1002 (#2 Bulkhead) and F-1003 (#3 Bulkhead), unfortunately the rights for these drawings are still held by Northrop Grumman. I contacted the person recommended by the NARA to gain permission to get copies but it was refused due to possible liabilities against Northrop, so I am back to square one. I will now make contact with the San Diego Air and Space Museum and see if my luck is any better. Thanks for the help.

I have now contacted the San Diego Air and Space Museum. They were very helpful and have given me a list of drawings they have which are able to be scanned, including the bulkhead drawings. Thanks again for your assistance.

• 4 years later...

Ian, my name is Terry, and the partner in the RangerRyanAircraft.com ,the continuation of the line of STA-R-5 created by the late John Gokchoff. There has been enough enquireies that we will make available a kit to those that want to produce their own off of our STC's. Take a look at N721R. or N47080. They are very eye appealing and if they suit your needs then contact us.[ Terry:   gtg15751@gmail.com     Kent :   kentgorton@bellsouth.com] , located in Locust Grove ,GA 30148. Yes they do retain the 3degree sweep back wings. There are several sources of fresh overhauled Ranger 6-440 200hp although both John Ellison and Joe Denest are about to retire. Mark Denest will continue the overhaul line for his father and there are several others around.

Some of our parts are available and could also be used on a straight STA: Nose bowl cowling landing gear[ bush down the rear treadle to the bolt size for the v strut mount; the rest is identicle to  STA] windshields wheel pants and fairings. No fibreglass, all AL 

I have a set, minus flap and aileron, of STA wings built by Jim Miller that I would like to sell. They are in STL area at 1H0.

All the best, gTG

easteregg gockchoff ranger ryan.jpg

N721R.jpg

photo 3.JPG

IMG_20171204_162252.jpg

Archived