"Wild America"

bronco

• 3 years later...

In a conversation the other day with Bill Burch, I learned that the Ryan in the movie "Wild America" is c/n 1857 (N47620). Bill owned the plane at that time & flew it in the shots you see in the movie. Bill is to be credited with restoring her, including all the work it took to give her an 'original' Army Air Corps paint job.

Bill has since sold her to Robert Tullius. She rests proudly on display in Tullius's hangar in Sebring, FL along with his spotless collection of WWII primary, basic, & advanced trainers.

I have a personal interest in this Ryan in that I owned her back in the early '60's. I described some of my experiences with her in an article I wrote which recently appeared in the February '08 issue of EAA's Warbirds Magazine. I take no credit for her beautiful condition today other than the fact that I managed not to let her crash & burn when I owned her.

Dick Morgan, IRC973

• 2 years later...

In a conversation the other day with Bill Burch, I learned that the Ryan in the movie "Wild America" is c/n 1857 (N47620). Bill owned the plane at that time & flew it in the shots you see in the movie. Bill is to be credited with restoring her, including all the work it took to give her an 'original' Army Air Corps paint job.

Bill has since sold her to Robert Tullius. She rests proudly on display in Tullius's hangar in Sebring, FL along with his spotless collection of WWII primary, basic, & advanced trainers.

I have a personal interest in this Ryan in that I owned her back in the early '60's. I described some of my experiences with her in an article I wrote which recently appeared in the February '08 issue of EAA's Warbirds Magazine. I take no credit for her beautiful condition today other than the fact that I managed not to let her crash & burn when I owned her.

Dick Morgan, IRC973

Archived