Aircraft Information while on military duty

RayRay

I would like to get more infomation on my PT-22's military service history. Anyone know a good source for this info? It is S/N 1888 (USAAC 41-20679) built in 1942. I would like to get the various dates (manufacture/delivery/ acceptance/etc), where it was based, pictures, anything. I am in the process of contacting the Air Force Museum to see what they have but they have a small staff and not sure what I can get.

Anything is helpful.

Thanks. Ray Heineman 678-428-3415 cell, 757-864-4268 work.

heineman@flash.net

• 3 months later...

Hi Ray,

Go to the FAA web site and order a CD of the past owner history of your Ryan. It should take you back to it's beginning.

Best Regards,

Homer Burrous

I would like to get more infomation on my PT-22's military service history. Anyone know a good source for this info? It is S/N 1888 (USAAC 41-20679) built in 1942. I would like to get the various dates (manufacture/delivery/ acceptance/etc), where it was based, pictures, anything. I am in the process of contacting the Air Force Museum to see what they have but they have a small staff and not sure what I can get.

Anything is helpful.

Thanks. Ray Heineman 678-428-3415 cell, 757-864-4268 work.

heineman@flash.net

• 1 month later...

To get the history of your plane, you need to write to the Aircraft Historical branch at Maxwell Airforce base. They will send you a copy of the ledger card maintained in the earle 40's while it was in service showing location,monthly usage and disposal. Best you look into the current procedure before proceding. I've done it twice with different planes with good results. If you wish to talk further, contact me at 816-456-7767. Bob in kansas city

Archived