New Project

Lendon

Hello Fellow Ryan Fans,

I just purchased a derelict Ryan PT-22 project. Wings, Tail and all moveable surfaces seem to be in good shape (were stored inside for 20+ years. The Fueslage has been sitting outside, yet appears to be in good condition for the most part. So far I have found little if any major corrision.....lots of rust on steel parts, and fasteners. The engine, a W670, 220hp Cont. is not stuck and the prop, a Hamilton Std. Grnd. adjustable is in good shape. The fuselage was shortened to accomodate the large engine in the late 50's, and the airplane was used on the airshow circuit in the northeast US. The N - number "N11X" is still current and I have found a couple of photos of the plane flying in two different engine/cowling configurations.

If anyone has information or photos of this airplane, I would love to know more about it's history. I am going to need several parts as I get into the project, (new or serviciable flying wires, elevator trim cable, wheel pants and gear fairings as on STA, and possibly tail wheel strut). Also would be interested in W670 parts. Any and all help with info & parts will be appreciated.

Lendon

336 250 2464

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived