New Member in California

ryancessna

Hi there.  I have owned my Ryan for a few years now but I just joined the club!  I finished the restoration of serial number 1003 which is the second production PT-21 to be built.  I've had her airworthy for a couple of years now and have been having a blast flying her around the local patch.  We have two Ryans at our field which makes for good fun!

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_8400.jpg

Aircraft looks great!  It is obvious that you have put a lot of effort and $$ into her.  I am just getting my Ryan back up after an eight year restoration.  Started out to be just an annual inspection.  Lost control!

This site has been dormant for a year or two now but has been an invaluable resource for me during the restoration process.  Many members here have in incredible depth of knowledge and experience with the Recruit.  I believe there was a change in the website that required members to have an active subscription to post.  That had not been required in the past and along with an issue paying the membership fees, many members dropped off line.  Members like you can be the stimulus to re-energize the forum!  I personally believe the minimal cost for membership is far out weighed by the information presented to safely keep these old gals going.

Welcome aboard!

Ron

Yep, I tried a few years ago to join and met a roadblock in the process.  I kind of forgot about it and then tried recently and was able to pay with PayPal.  Great stuff on the site and I wish I had joined up sooner.  Type clubs are great.  I restored a Cessna 170 and would have never been able to do it without the club.  

I’ve was really lucky to be introduced to Terry down south who helped me a lot with his parts and knowledge.  Also Al Buckner, Brad Ball, and Chris Nehus have helped me in many ways.  I feel like we are a small group who still fly these things and it’s great to be able to meet fellow Ryan owners, even if sometimes just on line.  At some point I’ll do a write up about getting my Ryan in the air.