PT 22 Wheel Pants

docbonsai

I am currently rebuilding two pt 22s. It is my understandng that the first 10 pt 22s accepted by the army all had wheel pants and landing gear skirts. Does anyone have knowledge of this? If so, I am looking for plans to reproduce these items on my aircraft....Yes, I know that they decrease performance. I also know that there were at one time aftermarket fiberglass wheel pants available, but they were reortedly VERY heavy. I'm looking for aluminum pants. My cell number is 859-536-6363, email is docbonsai@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Joe Richardson,MD

I am currently rebuilding two pt 22s. It is my understandng that the first 10 pt 22s accepted by the army all had wheel pants and landing gear skirts. Does anyone have knowledge of this? If so, I am looking for plans to reproduce these items on my aircraft....Yes, I know that they decrease performance. I also know that there were at one time aftermarket fiberglass wheel pants available, but they were reortedly VERY heavy. I'm looking for aluminum pants. My cell number is 859-536-6363, email is docbonsai@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Joe Richardson,MD

Rick Fields in TX has the blue prints for the landing gear fairings. I have an original set (maybe 1 of 3 original sets left) and it would take a LOT of good sheet metal work to reproduce them. I do not know of wheel paints being used on PT21/22 aircraft, only the landing gear fairings.

Chris Nehus

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Joe Richardson,MD

Archived