Club T-shirts And Caps

Paul281

Several members have expressed interest in having an International Ryan Club T-shirt made available as well as Caps and perhaps Patches. Lets hear from the membership and solicit ideas as to how the logos should look. Perhaps a design competition?

Paul Bretanus

President

International Ryan Club

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am excited, this is the kind of thing I've been waiting for! You can be sure I will contribute some designs. What kind of design criteria is there? Are we going to do some full color t-shirts or stick with single color for now? I realize I might be asking questions that don't yet have answers, I just wondered if anyone has thought about it yet. The painting by Don Carlson on the cover of the book "The New Ryan" would make a beautiful shirt, in my opinion.

Ryan J. Smith,

Corning, New York

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion would be a T-shirt depicting the side or 3/4 side view of both the

PT-22 and the ST in either black and white or color on the back of the shirt and

"The International Ryan Club" logo on the front. Lets hear more ideas.

Times a wasting !!

Paul Bretanus

President

International Ryan Club

I have always been partial to this logo, although I don't know if there are any copyright issues with Ryan International, Inc.

raclogo_thumb.gif

Also, there is a nice patch at this link, maybe we could sell them through the IRC.

http://www.pilotwear.com/product_info.php/...products_id/589

Ryan J. Smith,

Corning, New York

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After coming up with some ambitious plans for T-shirt masterpieces, I regret to say that college has taken more of my time than I expected, and I will not have any original designs ready by the deadline. I might have more time to do some artwork later this spring, and if the IRC is still looking for designs I'll present mine. I apologize for not getting my rear in gear before classes started, I had some great ideas for full color artwork that unfortunately didn't get done. Here is some "concept artwork" of the primary design. The prototype Ryan ST is banking over 1930's San Diego on it's first test flight with John Fornasero at the controls. The final artwork will obvously have a more detailed rendition of the plane, and also there will be some cumulous clouds between the plane and the ground (photos of the first flight show the ST flying above some magnificant "cu's") Another design that I don't even have concept art for is a formation flight of the first ST, a SCW, PT-22, and Navion. Again, my apologies for not getting anything finished!

Flyin' Ryan Smith

Corning, New York

test_render_thumb.jpg

Ryan, thanks for your previous submission. I think our members would agree that college takes priority over a T-shirt contest. Send what you can anytime.

Paul Bretanus

President

International ryan club

• 5 months later...

The Design Competition page has been updated with the results of the t-shirt contest.

Click here for more.

Regarding the official club logo contest, we received comments from several members that an official club logo should represent the variety of models produced under the Ryan name over the years, and that there did not appear to be such a logo among the options listed in the last newsletter.

With that in mind, we have postponed the competition in order to allow more time to find an appropriate logo. We will still accept submissions from anyone interested, and we intend, at some point in the future, to revisit the possibility of an official logo contest.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived