Ryan Reunion....75th Anniversary (2016)

cnehus

All,

Next year (2016) will be the 75th anniversary of the Ryan PT22. We are looking into the possibility of having a West Coast Reunion at Pine Mountain, San Diego (KSEE), or Cable. It's getting harder and harder for each of us to find the time to get together like we have in years past. Many of the old group have "Gone West" or lost medicals. I feel privileged to have been part of this group for the past 28 years and realize the value of these Reunions. Lots of Fun and info are to be had by all, weather you own a Ryan or just love the aircraft. We have many new members joining as the aircraft change hands and I find myself passing on a lot of info that was gathered/passed down to me at these events.

Would love to receive input from ANYONE on how we can make this an event to remember!

Chris Nehus

PT22, N53271

cnehus@verizon.net

ryanpt22@gmail.com

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, we have dates! Our 75th Ryan Anniversary Fly-in will be at Bill and Claudia Allen's hangar at Gillespie Field, San Diego, CA from Thursday, May 19th to Sunday, May 22nd 2016. Details on hotels, events, etc., to follow. It will be a Stearman and Ryan Fly-in. Let's get as many Ryans to the fly-in as we can... It hardly seems that long ago that we celebrated our 50th!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, we have some more information on our San Diego 75th Fly-in from Bill and Claudia Allen...mark your calendar off, make your reservations early...Check in here often for any more information.

We (Bill and Claudia) blocked rooms at Carlton Oaks Country Club in Santee, CA

May 19-21. Departing Sunday the 22nd

Also set the date for flying into Polo Club for lunch on Friday May 20th

11am - 2pm

Happy Landings!

Lynne Orloff

Additions as if January 5th, 2016: Here are some specifics about hotel and rental cars from Bill Allen...

Carlton Oaks CC

For room reservations

619-448-4242

9200 Ironwood Drive

Santee, CA

Enterprise Rental Car

Near hangar

Mgr Erica

619-449-2077

Pass it on

Bill A

Working on another speaker

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got my skedule. Coming from FRA via SEA to LAX on friday May 20th. Will take a car early morning to meet you all on the field. Unfortunately I will have to drive back in the evening as my return flight leaves around 11pm. Cu you there